Due to the status of COVID-19 in our area, the Building Department is serving the public as follows:
THE BUILDING OFFICE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
The Building Department reviews plans, issues permits and provides inspections for the following types of construction:
- Blasting and demolition activities
- Commercial buildings
- New constructions, alterations, repair, renovations, reconstruction, building relocation, and changes in occupancy
- Plumbing installations, septic systems
- Signs, swimming pools, sheds, decks
- Single and multi-family residences and additions
NY FORWARD BUSINESS RE-OPENING SAFETY PLAN
Each re-opening business must have a written Safety Plan. A business may fill out this template to fulfill the requirement, or may develop its own Safety Plan.
The Building Department will ask you to send in a copy of your Safety Plan before issuing a permit or scheduling an inspection.
Effective May 12, 2020 the NYS Uniform Code and NYS Energy Code will be updated to the 2020 version.
The State has provided NO transition period for this code change.
The effective date will not change as a result of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
Applications postmarked or accepted on or after May 12, 2020 must comply with the 2020 NYS Code books. Incomplete or inadequate applications will cause delays.
For more information, please visit the Department of State website: