The Commissioner of Finance is the Chief Fiscal Officer (CFO) of the City of Saratoga Springs. The duties of the Commissioner include: first substitute for the Mayor, City Tax Collector, Bursar of City Funds, Internal Auditor, Custodian of City Monies, Keeper of City Financial Records, Budget Chairperson and Certifier of City Payrolls.
The Commissioner of Finance is the Department Head of the Finance Department which, in addition to the above functions, also includes IT and Health Benefits Administration.
Payment of Taxes and Utility Bills
• Taxes and utility bill payments can be made in person, online, or by mail.
The mailing address is: P.O. Box 328, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
• You can verify an amount due by visiting the “Make A Payment” link above..
• Searching by SBL number will provide you a tax history of previous payments made and taxes due.
• You may also use the above link to view previous payments dating back to 2003.
To Contact the Finance Department
• If you have any City related tax questions or payment information inquiries please call or email Laura Townsend, Receiver of Taxes, at Laura.Townsend@Saratoga-Springs.org or by calling 518-587-3550 x2565.
• For all other inquiries, please call 518-587-3550 x2565 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm (Closed on Major Holidays)