City Safety Committee
The City Safety Committee is chaired by the Director of Risk and Safety as the Safety Officer of the City. The Safety Committee is charged with assisting the City Council in:
- providing a safe and healthy working environment for its employees in accordance with federal and state regulatory requirements;
- participating in the identification of and measurement of the risks facing the City and community at large;
- responding to and assisting in the resolution of safety related inquiries and complaints from citizens, employees and/or employee bargaining units;
- assisting and responding to local, state and federal regulatory matters as they pertain to risk and safety issues;
- developing risk and safety programs in response to federal and state regulatory mandates and/or City insurance requests for correction;
- providing the City’s Capital Budget Committee with annual requests for the repair, refurbishment and/or replacement of the City’s buildings, equipment and/or property in accordance with the City’s insurance loss prevention studies, City Fire Department Inspections, and federal and/or state regulatory and compliance mandates;
- reviewing inspection reports and responding to recommendations, violations and fines as needed;
- providing risk and safety policy programming recommendations to City Council for adoption; and
- assists in implementing the risk and safety policy programming as adopted by City Council.
Read the most recent resolution (PDF) from the Safety Committee.
2016 City of Saratoga Springs NYS DOL Summary of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses
NYS DOL Work Related Injuries and Illness Report