Ice Skating Lessons
** Advisory Notice** on COVID-19
March 19th, 2020 2:15pm
As events continue to evolve regarding the COVID-19 virus, the Recreation Department has made the decision to cancel Early Spring and Spring Intro to Ice Skating.
Registered participants will receive a refund.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Ages:||3 and up (Adults Included)|
|Early Spring Dates:||Cancelled|
|Early Spring Times (Choose One):|
|Days and times subject to change|
|Location:||Weibel Avenue Ice Rinks|
Fees (Register early to reserve a spot and save!):
C - City/N - Non-City
Fees for Single Session:
|Early Bird Fees:||C $55||N $ 75|
|Fees after 2/18, 3/30:||C $80||N $100|
Fees for 2 Sessions:
|Early Bird Fees:||C $110||N $150|
|Fees after 2/18:||C $135||N $175|
|Per Class:||$ 5|
|Per Session Punch Card:||$25|
Instructors: Amanda Shelburne - Regional and National Coach/PSA Master Rated
Pat Kenkel - Regional and National Coach/Over 25 years experience
Kelsey Clechenko - Over 6 years experience
Gwen Craig - Over 6 years experience
- Introduces participants to the exciting world of ice skating
- Provides opportunity to build upon skills already learned
- Level based system of teaching provides clear path to advancement
- Classes grouped by age and ability and will consist of 1/2 hour instruction and 1/2 hour practice
- Instructors have many years experience teaching and emphasize fun and safety while providing proper technique in ice skating basics
- A responsible adult must accompany 3-6 yr olds on the ice and be available to assist instructors. Adults do not need skates.
- Bike, ski or hockey helmets are mandatory for all children, whether they are participating or watching from a stroller.
- Only Single blade skates allowed
- Figure skates are HIGHLY recommended for all beginners, both boys and girls. Figure skates have a flatter blade compared to hockey skates and so are easier for beginners to learn balance on the ice.
- Please dress yourself and your skater accordingly with outdoor winter clothing (snow pants, jacket, mittens/gloves).