Ice Skating Lessons
2016-2017 Fall/Winter Intro to Ice Skating
Early Bird registration for Intro to Ice Skating is:
Fall: Aug 22-Oct 11
Winter: Aug 22-Dec 27
Don't wait - Register early and Save!
A strong foundation in skating can produce a lifetime of pleasure on the ice.
Skate with us this season!
Ages: 3 and up (Adults included)
Fall Dates: Oct 25-Dec 17
Winter Dates: Jan 3-Feb 25
Times: Tuesday 10-11am or 5-6pm
(Choose One) Saturday 1-2pm or 2-3pm
*Days and Times Subject to Change*
Location: Saratoga Springs Ice Rinks (30 Weibel Avenue)
Early Bird Fees for Single Session: C $50 N $70
Single Session Fees after Oct 11th or Dec 27th: C $75 N $95
Early Bird Fees for Both Sessions: C $100 N $140
Fees for Both Sessions after Oct 11th: C $125 N $165
Skate Rental: $4/Class
$25 Punch Card/Session
Our Intro to Ice Skating program is designed to introduce participants to the exciting world of ice skating and to build upon skills already learned. Our program prepares a skater for more specialized forms of ice skating. Our certified instructors have many years teaching and instilling their love of ice skating with others. Fun and safety are emphasized along with proper technique in ice skating basics.
- Classes will be grouped by age and ability and will consist of 1/2 hour instruction and 1/2 hour practice
- A responsible adult must accompany 3-6 yr olds on the ice and be available to assist instructors. Adults do not need skates.
- Bike, ski or hockey helmets are mandatory for all children, whether they are participating or watching from a stroller.
- Use single blade skates only.
- Figure skates are HIGHLY recommended for all beginners, both boys and girls. Figure skates have a flatter blade compared to hockey skates and so are easier for beginners to learn balance on the ice.
- Please dress yourself and your skater accordingly with outdoor winter clothing (snow pants, jacket, mittens/gloves).
Coordinator: Jill Ramos USFS Quadruple Gold Medalist/Over 15 years experience
Instructors: Amanda Shelburne Regional and National Coach/PSA Master Rated
Pat Kenkel: Regional and National Coach/Over 20 years experience
Kelsey Clechenko: National Competitor
Download a registration packet and join us this season!