PUBLIC SAFETY SERVICES
The members of the Saratoga Springs Police department continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and are working with
the Saratoga Springs Fire Department, the Saratoga County
Department of Health, and City officials to best determine
our response as this situation develops.
• Call your health care provider FIRST if you have any concerns over your health and possible exposure to COVID-19.
• In the event of an emergency, call 911.
Fire Department Non-Emergency:
• Call 518-587-3599.
• Access to administrative reports, including fire incident reports, will be handled via email and/or phone.
• No in-person document requests will be facilitated at Fire Headquarters (60 Lake Ave).
Police Department Non-Emergency
• Call 518-584-1800.
• Members of the public are asked not to come
to the police department to file a report.
• To request copies of an accident report please visit https://buycrash.com/
• To download a police report request form please visit the city website
Please be advised that wait times may be longer than normal.
• Pay your parking tickets online at https://www.saratoga-springs.org/212/Parking-Tickets or
Call 1-800-996-0285 to pay by phone (There will be a $3.50 charge per ticket).
• All station tours, internships, or non-essential programs have been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
All civilian fingerprinting services have been suspended until further notice.
• For more information, contact Eileen Finneran, Deputy Commissioner of Public Safety, at 518- 265-6485.
PUBLIC WORKS - UTILITIES
Final Water Meter Reading Requests:--A form on the DPW-Utilities page: Utilities will be required for this request.Final water meter reading requests can be scheduled daily for any water meter that has an outside reading device or vacant houses.The Utilities Department technicians will not be doing any reading for meters located inside a property being sold. The attorneys will be responsible for getting the Utilities Department a reading off the meter.Appointments will be scheduled on a daily basis
Monday-Friday starting at 8:30 am.
Jumper Bar Application:--A form on the DPW-Utilities page: Utilities will be required for this request.A Water Service Agreement will be required in order to get a jumper bar.If one has previously been filed, please email with jumper bar application due to limited staff hours in the office.Jumper bars can be provided once forms are filed with the department. Installation of water meters will be in new construction or vacant properties.The Utilities Department technicians will not be doing any work inside occupied houses. In cases of emergencies, this would need to be evaluated on a case by case situation.Appointments will be scheduled on a daily basis
Monday-Friday starting at 8:30 am.
FINANCE DEPARTMENTFinance Department:518.587.3550Tax Collection: x2565Deputy: x2571Commissioner: x2577
• Taxes and Utility Bill payments may be mailed or paid online here:https://www.saratoga-springs.org/419/Property-Tax-Search-Online-Payments
• You may also call the Finance Department at 518-587-3550 x2565. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
• Due to the recent closure of City Hall, payment of taxes cannot be made in person. You have the option to pay online or by mail.
The mailing address is PO BOX 328, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
•You can verify an amount due by visiting the “Make A Payment” tab located at: http://saratoga-springs.org/419/Property-Tax-Search-Online-Payments
Searching by SBL number will provide you a tax history of previous payments made and taxes due.
•If you have any questions please email Laura.Townsend@saratoga-springs.org
Please refer to the Accounts page for information.
Building Department:Please refer to the Building page for information.
Planning Department:Please refer to the Planning page for information.
Please refer to the Recreation page for information.
• Exam applications are still be accepted.
• Mail the completed application and required exam fee (or fee waiver if you qualify, please visit the website to review the waiver),
to 15 Vanderbilt Ave, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
• Exam dates may or may not be postponed, but applications will still be accepted.
• To see the exams that are currently announced, please visit http://saratoga-springs.org/Jobs.aspx.
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.