The Saratoga Springs Planning Board is a 7 member citizen board appointed by the Mayor to 7-year staggered terms. The City Council gives the Planning Board the following independent authorities to review development activities within City boundaries:
The Planning Board also provides advisory services to the City Council, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Design Review Commission on various development activity.
Applications to the Planning Board are available in Room 10 - City Hall.
View the Planning Board Meeting schedule here.
For additional information, contact:
Beaver Pond Village information
- Subdivision Review: the creation of any new lot within the City requires an approval from the Planning Board.
- Site Plan Review: the Planning Board has jurisdiction over the development of most new multi-family, commercial, institutional and industrial projects. Site plan review covers such items as parking, landscaping, lighting, drainage, etc.
- Special Use Permits: the Planning Board has approval to allow certain types of land uses to be established within existing zoning districts provided special standards and conditions are met.
- Soil Erosion and Sediment Control: the disturbance or clearing of land more than 1/2 acre in most parts of the City requires a permit from the Planning Board.
- Floodplain Variances: property owners that need relief from Federal and State regulations governing development in an area subject to periodic flooding may apply to the Planning Board for relief.