City Hall Hours

Saturday & Sunday
Phone 518-587-3550
474 Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Department of Public Works Print E-mail

Water: The Commissioner of Public Works is responsible for ensuring that the City water system provides sufficient quantities of safe potable water.

Streets and Highways: The Public Works Department is responsible for the repair, replacement, and maintenance of all of the public ways, streets and highways in the City.

Encroachments: The Commissioner of Public Works may require that property owners be responsible for removal of snow and ice from and repairs to the public sidewalks and curbs in the front of their property.

Buildings and Grounds: The Commissioner of Public Works shall maintain, operate and repair City-owned lands and facilities except for those specifically vested with the Commissioner of Public Safety. The Commissioner of Public Works with Council approval sets the policy and rates for the rental of City property.

Utilities: The Commissioner of Public Works is charged with ensuring that the City’s storm water system is adequate for runoff without flooding, and that the sewage disposal system provides sufficient capacity. The Commissioner of Public Works manages controls and maintains the water supply treatment and distribution system, sanitary sewage disposal system and stormwater carrier system throughout the City. The Commissioner of Public Works annually recommends water and sewer rates for City Council approval. Utility bills are printed and mailed by the Department of Public Works. Any questions about water meters, utility bills should be directed to the Department of Public Works. You can reach us at 518-587-3550 ext: 2502

City Engineer:The City Engineer works under the direction and supervision of the Commissioner of Public Works and is responsible for the provision of engineering services to all City Departments and entities and for the inventory of the City’s infrastructure.

Casino, Carousel and Congress Park:The Department of Public Works maintains and beautifies the City’s Congress Park and is responsible for monitoring and approving special events in the park and the rental of the Casino. The Carousel is located in Congress Park and is maintained and operated under the Direction of the Commissioner of Public Works. For information on Congress Park, the Casino and the Carousel contact City Hall 518-587-3550 ext: 2555.