Scott T. Johnson, Mayor
(January 1, 2008-present)
The Mayor is the chief executive officer and official representative of the City. The Mayor is the presiding officer of the City Council and is responsible for preparing the final agenda for each City Council meeting by obtaining a list of agenda items from each City Council member and the city’s supervisors.
The Mayor appoints the City Attorney and the members of the City Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Design Review Commission, Ethics Board, Urban Heritage Area Program Board, the Saratoga Springs Housing Authority Board of Directors; and the Recreation Commission pursuant to Civil Service Law and the Public Authorities Law.
The Mayor is the Department Head of the Mayor’s Department which includes: Human Resources; the Office of the Building Inspectors; the Office of Planning and Economic Development; Office of the City Historian; Community Development; the Recreation Department; the City’s Heritage Area/Visitor’s Center; the Telecommunications Office; Civil Service Commission; and the City’s development boards including the Design Review Commission, the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Freedom of Information Law Request
- State of the City
- Draft Historic District Design Guidelines
- Adopted Capital Program 2011-2016
- Historic Preservation Related Sites
- Historic Preservation Regulations
- Historic Preservation Downloads
- Capital Program 2010-2015 Presentation
- Adopted Capital Program 2012-2017
- Proposed PBA Agreement 2009 - 2012
Office of the Mayor