The Saratoga Springs Office of Community Development works to advance the City Council's goals of increasing access to affordable housing, improving the living environment, and expanding economic opportunities for persons of low and moderate income.
The Office of Community Development was created in 1975 to implement City programs funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Since qualifying for Entitlement Grant funds in 1994, the city has utilized these dollars to develop affordable housing, establish residential rehabilitation grant and loan programs, provide funding for public improvement projects in low and moderate income areas of the city, and support a host of legal, education and outreach programs for low and moderate income residents.
Economic Development Revolving Loan Program
The City of Saratoga Springs established the "Economic Development Loan Program" to stimulate job creation for residents of low- and moderate-income. The program helps to subsidize these job opportunities by offering low interest loans/ or loan guarantees to businesses physically located within the City of Saratoga Springs. Read more here.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding Applications
Applications are available during the month of December to those interested in applying to the City of Saratoga Springs for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Entitlement Funds for each program year (July 1 – June 30). These funds are designed to assist activities that address community development needs as prioritized in the city’s Consolidated Plan, and that benefit persons of low and moderate income. Eligible activities may include job creation; affordable housing acquisition, construction and rehabilitation; infrastructure improvements; and other federally eligible activities.
Funds for the 2018 CDBG Program Year total $353,869.92, including the 2018 Entitlement Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ($314,164), and re-programmed funds from prior years ($9,705.92), and a minor amendment transferring funds from a 2014 PY year ($30,000). City Council voted to accept the Community Development Citizens Advisory Committee's funding recommendations on May 1, 2018, and to accept the minor amendment on November 5, 2018. Please see the 2018 Entitlement Action Plan below.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2019 PROGRAM YEAR IS CLOSED AS OF 1/31/19 AT 4:30 PM. Please find applications accepted for consideration below. Inquiries should be directed to the City Community Development Planner, Lindsey Connors (email@example.com).
2019 CDBG Program Year Applications
- Saratoga Affordable Housing Group - Allen Drive Rehab
- Economic Opportunity Council - Immigrant Advocacy Services
- Legal Aid Society - Right Place Project
- Legal Aid Society - Homelessness Prevention
- Rebuilding Together Saratoga County - Home Repair
- Mother Susan Anderson - Shelter Rehab
- Mother Susan Anderson - Case Manager
- Habitat for Humanity - Locust Grove Purchase
- AIM - Bathroom Renovation
- Wellspring - Shelter Manager
- UPH - Front Steps Restoration
- Shelters of Saratoga - Shelter Improvements
- Senior Center - Expansion Project
- Saratoga Affordable Housing Group - Case Manager
- Rec Center - Camp Saradac Scholarships
- Mercy House - Facility Construction
- City - Administration