Recreation Master Plan
The Recreation Department's Master Plan has been established in order to identify our community's park, recreation, and open space needs so we can proactively plan for the future.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Saratoga Springs Recreation Department has engaged the services of GreenPlay LLC, a nationally renowned park and recreation consulting firm to help conduct a community needs assessment as part of the Plan.
GreenPlay has subcontracted the services of the LA Group and RRC Associates for this project. In addition, a Master Plan project team has been assembled, and includes the following members:
- John Hirliman - Administrative Director, Saratoga Springs Recreation Department
- Michael Veitch - DPW Business Manager, City of Saratoga Springs
- Kate Maynard - Principal Planner, City of Saratoga Springs
- Bob Manasier - Saratoga Springs Recreation Commission Member
- Lisa Shields - Deputy Mayor, City of Saratoga Springs
- Mike Sharp - Deputy Commissioner of Finance, City of Saratoga Springs
- David L'Hommedieu - Asst. Superintendent of Information Technology & Operational Innovation, Saratoga Springs City Schools
- John Thuener - Director of Facilities and Operations, Saratoga Springs City Schools
A series of focus group meetings were held with members of City Hall, the Recreation Department, community leaders, and representatives of various local sports leagues, recreation groups, and the general public. The results of these findings were compiled and presented by GreenPlay.
The documents above are presented in a timeline fashion in order to see the sequence of events.
The next document to be added is a Community Survey. This survey has been mailed to a group of random households. The purpose of the survey is to gather input in order to help shape the department's plan to reflect the desires of the community. A link will be established at a later date to allow others the opportunity to provide their input as well.