- Recreation Department
- Recreation Master Plan
Recreation Master Plan
Making our space a better place for recreation!
Final Recreation Master Plan
- Saratoga Springs Findings Presentation October 4 2018 FINAL
- Public Meeting and Finding Presentation Flyer Oct 4 2018
- Saratoga Springs Recreation Master Plan Final Survey Report
- Saratoga Springs Community Survey- Spring 2018 FINAL
- Saratoga Springs Focus Group Findings Presentation Feb 13
- Recreation Master Plan Open Public Forum Flyer
- Saratoga Springs Recreation Master Plan Stakeholder Invitation and Open Public Fourm
- RFP 2017-31 Recreation Master Plan.pdf
- RFP 2017-31 Addendum 1.pdf
The Recreation Department's Master Plan has been established in order to identify our community's park, recreation, and open space needs so we can proactively plan for the future.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Saratoga Springs Recreation Department has engaged the services of GreenPlay LLC, a nationally renowned park and recreation consulting firm to help conduct a community needs assessment as part of the Plan.
GreenPlay has subcontracted the services of the LA Group and RRC Associates for this project. In addition, a Master Plan project team has been assembled, and includes the following members:
- John Hirliman - Administrative Director, Saratoga Springs Recreation Department
- Michael Veitch - DPW Business Manager, City of Saratoga Springs
- Kate Maynard - Principal Planner, City of Saratoga Springs
- Bob Manasier - Saratoga Springs Recreation Commission Member
- Lisa Shields - Deputy Mayor, City of Saratoga Springs
- Mike Sharp - Deputy Commissioner of Finance, City of Saratoga Springs
- David L'Hommedieu - Asst. Superintendent of Information Technology & Operational Innovation, Saratoga Springs City Schools
- John Thuener - Director of Facilities and Operations, Saratoga Springs City Schools
A series of focus group meetings were held with members of City Hall, the Recreation Department, community leaders, and representatives of various local sports leagues, recreation groups, and the general public. The results of these findings were compiled and presented by GreenPlay.