Residential Rehabilitation Program
The City of Saratoga Springs offers rehabilitation grants to low to moderate income City homeowners to improve the safety and security of their homes. These grants may fund repairs to eliminate code violations, increase energy efficiency and enhance overall living conditions.
Am I eligible for a grant?
- I own a residential property located within City limits.
- My home is used only for residential purposes and contains no more than 4 separate dwelling units.
- All of my special assessments, County, City, and School taxes have been paid in full.
- I agree not to sell my property for 4 years.
- I agree to allow the Office of Community Development to verify my income eligibility. All credit and financial information will be kept strictly confidential.
- My total gross annual income is within the following guidelines:
|Household Size||Low Income|
|8 or more||$57,050||$91,250|
Gross annual household income includes all income for all persons residing in the dwelling.
Homeowner applicants with assets (not including a primary residence) totaling more than $50,000 shall not be eligible.
What are the Grant Amounts?
Property owners residing on site may be eligible for a maximum grant up to $ 20,000 for the first dwelling unit, and up to $ 7,500 for each additional unit occupied by an income eligible household (up to four).
Rental property owners that do not reside on site may be eligible for a maximum matching grant up to $ 7,500 for each dwelling unit occupied by an income eligible household (up to four).
What improvements can I make?
Grant funds may be used for the following types of improvements:
- Plumbing, heating, electrical repair
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Roof repair or replacement
- Structural repairs
- Health and Safety related repairs
- Sidewalk repairs or installation
Priority must be given to repairs that correct a public safety code deficiency as specified in the City of Saratoga Springs Building Code.
The City will not issue a grant to cover items such as furniture, appliances (stoves, refrigerators, freezers, etc.), swimming pools, landscaping, driveways, or other non-essential luxury items.
Who will do the repairs?
Property owners may choose their own contractor in consultation with the Office of Community Development.
All repairs must be completed and inspected in accordance with City Code and Program Guidelines.
How do I apply?
Applications are available here, or in the Office of Community Development at City Hall.
Please contact Lindsey Connors ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for assistance and/or additional information.
Equal Housing Opportunity
The City of Saratoga Springs does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, gender, religion, handicap, sexual orientation, familial status or national origin in employment or the provision of services.