Street Opening Permits

Street Opening Permits are used by contractors and/or property owners for permission to work in the City right-of-way for a variety of projects.  Typically the right-of-way extends to and includes the sidewalk, if one is present.  Because the right-of-way is considered City property a permit must be applied for.

Typical right-of-way work includes:

  • Sidewalks
  • Curbs
  • Driveways
  • Private Water lines
  • Private Sewer lines
  • Gas lines

For more information on Street Opening Permits please call the office at (518) 587-3550, ext. 2623.

Click on this link to access the Street Opening Permit.