The Mayor is responsible for the establishment of a Risk and Safety Management Program for the City of Saratoga Springs. The program is designed to provide compliance, risk financing and safety management services to all City departments.
The Director of Risk and Safety is also the City Safety Officer responsible for the design, implementation and management of interdepartmental programs which include:
- Risk financing
- State and federal compliance initiatives
- Safety management
- Proactive loss prevention and control
- Workplace safety education
- Purchase and management of the City’s property and casualty insurance program
- Insurance claims and litigation management
The Director of Risk and Safety serves as an adviser and resource to the City Council and the community to prevent and control potential claims and the financial impact they may have upon the City of Saratoga Springs. The Office of Risk and Safety assists in identifying and analyzing risks to which the City, its’ employees and the community may be exposed. It proactively provides appropriate recommendations to mitigate risk and facilitates remedies for those exposures.