Mayor's Non-Profit Grant Program
In an effort to address growing community needs, as well as provide equitable access to City financial support for our local non-profit organizations, the Community Development Department, in coordination with the Mayor and Commissioner of Finance, established funding for a City-funded non-profit grant program, to be administered by the Mayor's office.
Eligible Activity Categories and Entities
- Non-profit organizations located in the City of Saratoga Springs are eligible to apply
- Non-profits located in Saratoga County who serve City residents are also eligible
- Eligible agencies may apply under three separate categories:
Human Services, Housing & Workforce Development: awards will be based on priorities established in current CDBG Consolidated Plan (may be utilized as leveraged, local funding for grants awarded under the traditional CDBG Entitlement Program)
Environmental Sustainability and Resiliency: awards will prioritize activities supporting Recommendations & Best Practices as detailed in the City’s Natural Resource Inventory, sustainability as outlined in the current Comprehensive Plan, reduce GHG emissions as outlined within the Paris Climate Agreement (per City Council resolution on 5/21/2019), and/or the list of actions that are part of the Climate Smart Communities (CSC) Certification program (per City Council Resolution 12/20/11)
Arts, Culture & History: awards will be based on yearly priorities set by the City Arts Commission
Goals established within the City’s current Consolidated Plan will be considered as part of the application evaluation process for all 3 categories.
Funding requests will be considered at the following award levels:
- $10,000 (4 awards available for 2022 funding)
- $150,000* (1 award available for 2022 funding)
*Applications at the $150,000 funding level must meet the following requirements:
- Project must be shovel ready
- Project must have sufficient funding - from this grant in its entirety or in combination with funds from other sources - to be completed in its entirety
- Project will ideally involve partnership and collaboration across at least two of the three funding areas, through cost sharing and/or action steps.
Application and Award Process
The application period for 2022 allocated funds will open November 16, 2022 and close at 11:59 pm December 31, 2022.
Applications may be reviewed by the Mayor and/or the following advisory groups:
- Human Services, Housing & Workforce Development: Community Development Advisory Committee
- Environmental Sustainability & Resilience: Climate Smart Task Force, Complete Streets Committee and Open Space Advisory Task Force
- Arts, Culture, & History: City Arts Commission
All grants under this program shall require a finding by the Council that the amount of the individual grant provides a public benefit equal to or greater than the amount of the grant.