Ice Skating Lessons
Fall 2018/Winter 2019 Intro to Ice Skating
Register early to reserve a spot and save!
Ages: 3 and up (Adults included)
Location: Saratoga Springs Ice Rinks (30 Weibel Avenue)
Fees C $55 N $ 75
Fees after Nov 5th or Dec 27th: C $80 N $100
Skate Rentals: $4/Class
$20/Session Punch Card available first day of class
- Introduces participants to the exciting world of ice skating
- Provides opportunity to build upon skills already learned
- Level based system of teaching provides clear path to advancement
- Classes grouped by age and ability and will consist of 1/2 hour instruction and 1/2 hour practice
- Instructors have many years experience teaching and emphasize fun and safety while providing proper technique in ice skating basics
- A responsible adult must accompany 3-6 yr olds on the ice and be available to assist instructors. Adults do not need skates.
- Bike, ski or hockey helmets are mandatory for all children, whether they are participating or watching from a stroller.
- Only Single blade skates allowed
- Figure skates are HIGHLY recommended for all beginners, both boys and girls. Figure skates have a flatter blade compared to hockey skates and so are easier for beginners to learn balance on the ice.
- Please dress yourself and your skater accordingly with outdoor winter clothing (snow pants, jacket, mittens/gloves).
Coordinator: Jill Ramos USFS Quadruple Gold Medalist/Over 15 years experience
Instructors: Amanda Shelburne Regional and National Coach/PSA Master Rated
Pat Kenkel Regional and National Coach/Over 20 years experience
Kelsey Clechenko National Competitor
Download a registration packet and join us on the ice this summer!
Remember to show your Rec Card at registration time. No Rec Card? Sign up when you register. City and School District residents need to bring proof of residency (City of Saratoga Springs property tax bill, Saratoga Springs school tax bill, water bill, lease agreement).