The REC CARD is a two year agreement that allows participation in the City of Saratoga Springs Recreation Department drop in programs.
Why get a Rec Card?
1. Program discounts for City residents. Without a REC CARD or proof of residency at the time of paying for a program you will be charged the highest rate.
2. Regardless of residency, it is simpler and quicker to participant in drop in programs. The REC CARD is good for two years and serves as your permission agreement for any recreation drop in programs. Simply scan your REC CARD at the desk and pay your fee with no paperwork. This eliminates the necessity of completing permission agreement forms for every time you participate in drop in programs.
3. Free Open Gym. REC CARD holders can participate in Free open gym. Non REC CARD holders must complete additional paperwork.
How do I get a Rec Card?
Bring your proof of residency, such as City tax bill, sewer/water bill, lease agreement, or any document with your section/block/lot number included on it, to the Recreation Center, 15 Vanderbilt Ave. Complete the REC CARD application at the front desk. Your picture will be taken and you will be given your new REC CARD. All individuals on the application will need to have a picture taken.
If you live outside the City, proof of residency is not needed but you should still obtain a REC CARD to participate in drop in programming so you do not need to complete the additional paperwork each time you participate.
Where to use your Rec Card?
1. Daily Programs (Adult Basketball, Racquetball, Drop-In Zumba, Pickleball)- All participants will be required to have a Rec Card to participate. All visitors and non Rec Card holders will be required to complete a permission agreement each visit and will be charged the highest rate unless proof of residency is provided each time.
2. Ice Rink Programs – Show your Rec Card at the window to receive the discount. All visitors and non Rec Card holders will be required to complete a permission agreement each time and will be charged the highest rate unless proof of residency is provided each time.
3. Free Open Gym- All participants will be required to have a Rec Card to participate. All visitors and non Rec Card holders will be required to complete a permission agreement each visit.
How do I renew my Rec Card?
All Rec Cards will expire two years after you receive your initial Rec Card. To renew your Rec Card, you will have to again show your proof of residency at the Recreation Center and complete the Rec Card application and permission agreement Form.