While City Hall offices remain closed to the public, the Building Department is fully operational. Applications for building permits continue to be accepted via U.S. Mail only. Until the Building Department has moved into its new location on the 3rd floor of City Hall at 474 Broadway, and City Hall reopens to the public, we are unable to accept applications and documents in person.
Permit applications are being reviewed and issued as usual. Email notifications are automatically sent to inform applicants as their application moves through the review process. Those STEPS are:
- When an application is received in the mail;
- When all required information has been received from you, your application is complete and checked into our Review Queue;
- When a building inspector is assigned to review your application and plans;
- When your permit is approved and ready to issue.
Inspections are being performed in all cases when the state-required "Safety Plan" is in place. Inspections can be easily requested in one of three ways:
- Submit request directly into our system (preferred) using the online form from the website
- Email request to email@example.com
- Call our inspection line at 518.587.3550 x2511
We look forward to seeing everyone again in person very soon.